The purpose of Most Holy Redeemer School’s uniform is to create a look of unified equality among our students. School uniforms instill a sense of pride in our school and they help to foster a sense of pride within the student body. MHR believes that a school uniform can improve learning by reducing distraction, sharpening focus on schoolwork and making the classroom a more serious environment, allowing students to perform better academically. Many Most Holy Redeemer School uniform items may be purchased below.
2018-2019 Updates to the Policy:
All polo shirts purchased should have the MHR logo – Non-Logo Shirts are permitted for 2018-19
- We have added the gray polo shirt with logo
- We require all headbands to be solid color red, white or black or be purchased from our store with the MHR logo but not have any other large logos or artwork
- We have added a mid-weight grey fleece to the 1/4 zip line
- We have added open bottom gym sweat pants with MHR logo as an approved gym option for students in 6th, 7th, or 8th grade only.
- 4th Grade Girls may choose to wear either the approved skirts or the jumper, or navy slacks
- Black 75th anniversary ¼ Zips will no longer be an approved uniform item (this was grandfathered in for 2017-18)
- Articles of clothing worn under the uniform shirt must be white—colored or printed shirts should not be worn under uniforms.
Note- All updates to the Uniform Policy will have a one year leniency roll-out time period.
- Navy slacks or trousers with a leather belt – no gathered pant legs, or outside pockets
- Plaid jumper (2 choices available for Grades K – 4)*
- Plaid skirt or split skirt (for Grades 4 – 8)*
*There is a choice in 4th grade as to whether a skirt or jumper is the preferred and most comfortable choice for daily uniform wear. That choice is entirely at the discretion of the parents and child.
Jumpers and skirts are not available as part of our online school store. Instead, they can be purchased from retailers like Schoolbelles and Schools R Us.
- All headbands to be solid color red, white, or black (or the MHR logo headbands for sale) but not have any other large logos or artwork
- Jewelry must not be excessive. No dangle, hoop or large earrings are to be worn. Students may wear only one earring per ear. If necklaces are worn, they are to be inside the uniform⎯out of sight. Choker-type necklaces may not be worn.
- In general, facial make-up may not be worn. Creams and powders designed to mask acne are permissible.
Shoes / Socks
- Athletic shoes must secure with laces or Velcro (no flashing/constant lights on shoes)
- Snow boots should be removed and replaced with athletic shoes upon arrival in the classroom during the winter months
- Solid-colored *crew socks or knee highs (red or white or black) or socks with the MHR logo
- Solid-colored tights (red, white or black)
*Socks: Students are allowed to wear solid-colored socks with a small logo, ex: Adidas, Under Armour, Nike.
However, the sock must be a solid color with the small black or white logo. Students should try to hide the logo by folding over the sock.
- White polo shirt, blouse, banded polo shirt, or turtleneck (permitted for 2018-2019)
- White or gray Most Holy Redeemer polo shirt or banded polo shirt with red MHR logo
- Red V-neck or cardigan sweater
- Gray fleece mid weight or heavy weight ¼ zip with MHR logo
- Gray performance poly ¼ zip with MHR logo
Gym Uniforms, K-8
- Uniform red sweat pants or shorts (grades 6, 7, and 8 may wear open bottom sweatpants)
- Gym shorts can be worn if there is a warm day, but ONLY for gym class
- T-shirt with MHR logo (purchased directly from our supplier) or latest annual spirit wear t-shirt
- Solid-colored crew socks or knee highs (red or white or black) or socks with the MHR logo
- Gym shoes that secure with laces or Velcro (no flashing/constant lights on gym shoes)
Warm Weather Gym Uniform, K-8 (May 1 – October 1)
- Red gym shorts
- T-shirt with MHR logo (purchased in our Uniform Shop) or latest annual Spirit wear t-shirt
- Solid-colored socks (red, white, or black)
- Athletic shoes that secure with laces or Velcro (no flashing/constant lights on gym shoes)
Sweatpants may not be altered. Sweatpants that have been altered must be repaired or replaced. Sweatpants are to be worn at the ankle and not rolled at the waist. Sweatpants that are tattered at the bottom, must be replaced.
Warm Weather Uniform (K-8)
Students have the option to wear warm weather uniforms from May 1 – October 1. This includes the opening of each new school year. The warm weather uniform is the same as the warm weather gym uniform above.